Educational Achievement Awards
Upon completion of training courses, some state employees are eligible for Educational Achievement Awards. An appointing authority at the agency may grant a five (5) percent increase to an your base salary (if sufficient funds for the award are available) based on educational achievement if you have:
- completed 260 hours of job related instruction (or the equivalent as determined by the Secretary of Personnel);
- began the course work after becoming a state employee and completed the course work after establishing an increment date;
- completed the course work within five (5) years of the date on which it was begun;
- successfully completed the Kentucky Certified Public Manager Program offered by the Governmental Services Center at Kentucky State University;
- obtained the high school diploma, equivalency certificate, or passing score on the GED test
For more information, visit http://personnel.ky.gov/stemp/emphb/hrds.htm#educach or contact your Human Resources Administrator.